Every four years, the best national soccer teams in the world compete for the FIFA World Cup, a tradition the Iowa City Public Library is ready to share with its diverse international community.
Beginning June 16, the Library will host free viewings of multiple live matches on our big screen in Meeting Room A. This will continue every Monday throughout June. The dates and times of ICPL’s free showings are as follows:
- 11 a.m. – Germany vs. Portugal
- 2 p.m. – Iran vs. Nigeria
- 5 p.m. – Ghana vs. USA
Monday, June 23 – Group matches
- 11 a.m. – Netherlands v. Chile
- 3 p.m. – Croatia v. Mexico
Monday, June 30 – Round of 16
- 11 a.m. – Teams determined based on group match results
- 3 p.m. – Teams determined based on group match results
Spirited cheering is encouraged and good sportsmanship required. Be sure to check out the pop-up display of Soccer books and DVDs on the 2nd floor in mid-June, too.
For more information, call the Library at (319) 356-5200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.